Our Youth Group is joining with Compassion International to Walk With Compassion to end Child Poverty.
We are inviting all our church members and friends to join us in this mission.
- Location – Barcroft Park, Arlington, VA
- Date – 06/25/2016
- Check in – 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM
- Walk Starts – 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM
- Registration Cutoff – 06/20/2016 @ 12:00 AM
- Donation Cutoff – 07/25/2016 @ 12:00 AM
- Walk Duration – 1 – 1.5 mile
- Apparel – Weather appropriate clothing and walking shoes.
- Age Limit – No age limit, but minors are encouraged to have an adult with them at all times.
There are two ways for everyone to join us in this mission:
- Join our Team – “IMTC Youth”
This is our IMTC Youth Group fundraising page.
It is easy to sign up, and you can help us spread the word leading up to the inspiring walk.
2. Support Our Team
If you don’t think you can join our team (too far away or it just doesn’t work), then make a donation that will help us reach our goal!
Every dollar raised is used to help children living in extreme poverty and to meet the Urgent Needs of Children.Here are a few tangible examples of how a large or small donation can change a child’s life:
- $18 covers a malaria net to protect a child from this disease
- $40 pays for a dental checkup, preventing life-threatening complications from poor dental health
- $46 is enough for a full month of long-term shelter for a child who has been orphaned and/or abused
- $79 buys an in-home water filtration system that provides clean, safe water for a family of four
- $150 will buy a pig that can help a family in extreme poverty begin earning a living
- $552 could provide one year of care and shelter for an orphaned or abused child in poverty. $1,000 or more could help a child in poverty receive life-saving surgery.
Donations are tax deductible. All recorded donations will be sent in an end of year tax form from Compassion International.